Are you an expert in all things PC, hardware, and desktops? Do you have experience in leadership positions in online media and a head full of ideas for the future of this industry? Network N needs you! We are recruiting two editors to support the company’s owned and operated editorial brands alongside the publishing director and the rest of the growing management team.
The Editor – PC will assist the editors at PCGamesN and our sister sites PCGameBenchmark and Wargamer to push our brands to new heights, as well as oversee any potential future launches or acquisitions that fall under this jurisdiction. If you prefer entertainment or mobile and multi-format games, you can also check out the Editor role – Multi-format and entertainment. The successful candidate will instead deal with Pocket Tactics, The Loadout and The Digital Fix, but will perform the same function.
For both of these roles, we are looking for experienced veterans in online entertainment media who are ready to take on a daunting new challenge. You will be part of Network N’s leadership team and, alongside the director of its publishing division, shape the future of one of the best portfolios of its kind. We are a creative, dynamic and eager company, and for the Publisher – PC role, we need someone who is deeply passionate and knowledgeable about PC and tabletop gaming, and knows how to build brands in line.
All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply, especially those from BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other underrepresented backgrounds.
Role: Editor – PC
Site: Hybrid (minimum wait of two days per week at our newly refurbished head office in Bath).
Salary: £50,000 + bonus system
Closing Date: January 23, 2021. We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Manage the editorial teams of PCGamesN, PCGameBenchmark and Wargamer, and oversee new releases or acquisitions in PC games and hardware. Work with the Publishing Director and Site Editors to develop growth-oriented editorial strategies and ensure their successful execution. Liaise with the sales team, creative studio, e-commerce and other members of the publishing management team to achieve overall departmental goals, both editorial and business.
You will be responsible for:
- Work with brand publishers to increase traffic in line with agreed targets
- Work with the Publishing Director to develop, refine and ensure execution of brand strategies for PCGamesN, PCGameBenchmark and Wargamer
- Represent brands to clients, PR, publishers and other relevant parties, with particular emphasis on brand awareness and building stature
- Stay current and regularly research competitors to identify market gaps and opportunities to gain audience share
- Work with the sales team to generate new business and identify opportunities, including proactive presentation and delivery of sales programs
- Liaise with Creative Studio and sales team to ensure successful delivery of Sponsored Content campaigns
- Work with Audience Development Manager and Video team to deliver profitable video content across brands
- Work with e-commerce publisher to maximize revenue and opportunities across brands
- Identify and propose opportunities to develop tool sites around existing branded content as well as upcoming games and products
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines and maintain the high bar for quality across PCGamesN, PCGameBenchmark and Wargamer
- Manage site editors and provide advice, feedback and pastoral care in weekly 1:1 and ad hoc meetings
- Brand budget management
- Keep up to date with SEO and publishing trends and best practices
- Train and develop our Site Editors, Assistant Editors and Cell Leaders to the highest possible standards
- Other tasks at the request of the director of publication
You will be taken to:
- Increase site traffic
- Ensure consistent high editorial standards in all published content
- Provide pastoral care and bi-weekly one-on-one interviews with brand editors
- Facilitate monthly cell meetings with the teams
- Occasionally sub-edit the copy, as well as create documentation
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of at least one major editorial business program per quarter
- Plan and manage department budgets
- Recruit, onboard and train new editorial teams as needed
- Properly and effectively use company workflow tools including Asana, GSuite, etc.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in senior editorial roles
- A demonstrable track record for improving and growing online brands
- Experience managing editorial teams and budgets
- Experience working with or within a sales team
- Experience successfully delivering promoted content work
- Knowledge of online publishing best practices and SEO
- High editorial standards, exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Proactivity and strong work ethic
- A passion for PC games, PC hardware and tabletop games
- Must be able to produce proof of right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment
How to register
If the above sounds like you, please send us a resume and cover letter via the job posting on the Network N corporate site.
Working for Network N
We are a fun and friendly company offering an informal working environment with offices in central Bath. We’re still growing, work fast but precise, have an international reach and are nerdy as hell! We are committed to being an inclusive workplace and organize various groups and events to hear from underrepresented voices, including Women @ Network N, Black Lives Matter and LGBTQ+ @ Network N.
Our people make us successful, so it’s only right that we give a lot back, including:
- 28 days vacation
- Your birthday
- Private medical plan through Vitality with enhanced mental health benefit
- Auto-affiliation pension
- Profit Sharing Plan for All
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Technical drawing
- Cycle diagram
- Discounted gift card program
- Employee social events including Christmas and summer parties